To apply for a library card, visit our Get a Library Card page.
- Place a hold. If you want specific books/materials: place holds through the library catalog or call with your request at 781-316-3233. You will receive an email notice or a phone call when your item(s) are ready.
- Request a Grab Bag. If you would like a librarian-selected variety based on your preferences: fill out a Library Grab Bag request form. You will receive an email notice or a phone call when your item(s) are ready.
- Browse our collections. When you find the item(s) you want, there are a few ways to check out: use the Mobile Checkout feature in the MLN app on your phone; use a self-checkout machine; take the item(s) to our friendly Circulation Desk staff for checkout.
If you like the convenience of contactless pickup, our Contactless Pickup booking tool remains available; you will pick up your items from the vestibule area just inside the first set of doors and they will already be checked out for you.
To learn about our Homebound Delivery Service, please call Marie Cannon, Head of Circulation at 781-316-3242 or fill out the Homebound Delivery Service Request Form.
How long can you borrow stuff?
|Speed Reads||2 weeks|
|CDs, Audiobooks||3 weeks|
|Library of Things||1 week|
|Discover it Yourself||3 weeks|
|American Girl Doll||3 weeks|
|Video Games||1 week|
|Book Packs||6 weeks|
|Art Prints||6 weeks (limit is 2)|
|DVDS – TV Series||2 weeks|
|Non-Fiction DVDs||1 week|
|Netbook Laptops||2 hours in the library|
1. Limits are per library card, not household.
2. Limits apply to Arlington’s Libraries only.
3. Renewable items are restricted to two renewals.
The Robbins Library has book drops in the lobby, and outside adjacent to the parking lot. Fox Library book drops are at the main entrance. All book drops are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Many library materials will renew automatically, twice, unless another library user has requested the item. Speed Reads, Art Prints, Library of Things, DIY, and American Girl are not available to renew. DVDs and periodicals are available for one renewal.
Robbins Library 781-316-3200
Please have your library card number handy. Because we are a busy library, there may be times when you will need to call back or leave a message with your card number and request.
Most library materials can be borrowed fine-free, with the exception of non-MLN interlibrary loan material and in-library use equipment.
|Non-Minuteman Library Network interlibrary loan material||$2.00||$20.00|
|In-library use equipment (laptops, keyboards, digital projector, mice)||$10.00||$10.00|
The Minuteman Library Network issues email reminders about overdue materials before they are billed. If you don’t have email, you’ll receive notices via USPS. If you lose an item or return it with serious damage, you will be assessed the replacement price listed in the item record. We are unable to issue refunds for items lost and found, so don’t rush to pay if you think the item(s) will turn up!
Lost Library Card
If you lose your card, let us know as soon as possible. You are responsible for material borrowed on your card. Visit us in person for a replacement card.