To apply for a library card, visit our Get a Library Card page.
During COVID-19 there are currently three ways to borrow library materials:
- Place a hold. If you want specific books/materials: place holds through the library catalog, or call the library with your request at 781-316-3233.
- Request a Grab Bag. If you would like a librarian-selected variety based on your preferences: fill out a Library Grab Bag request form.
- Browse and check out. Reserve a 15-minute Browsing Pass for the General Collections or the Children’s Room. Try the Mobile Checkout feature in the MLN app to check out materials to yourself on the spot!
If you place a hold or request a Grab Bag, you will receive an email notice or a phone call when your item(s) are ready. You can drop into the lobby to check out your items anytime, no appointment necessary. If you are more comfortable with contactless pickup, our Contactless Pickup booking tool remains available; you will pick up your items from the vestibule area just inside the first set of doors and they will already be checked out for you.
To learn about our Homebound Delivery Service, please call Marie Cannon, Head of Circulation at 781-316-3242 or fill out the Homebound Delivery Service Request Form.
How long can you borrow stuff?
|Speed Reads||2 weeks|
|CDs, Audiobooks||3 weeks|
|Library of Things||1 week|
|Discover it Yourself||3 weeks|
|American Girl Doll||3 weeks|
|Video Games||1 week|
|Book Packs||6 weeks|
|Art Prints||6 weeks (limit is 2)|
|DVDS – TV Series||2 weeks|
|Non-Fiction DVDs||1 week|
|Netbook Laptops||2 hours in the library|
1. Limits are per library card, not household.
2. Limits apply to Arlington’s Libraries only.
3. Renewable items are restricted to two renewals.
The Robbins Library inside book drops are in the lobby, and the outside book drops are in the rear of the side parking lot on the sidewalk next to the building. They are big and blue and open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Fox Library book drops are temporarily closed–due to COVID-19 there are no daily deliveries between Robbins and Fox.
You may renew most materials twice unless another library user has requested the item. You may renew online using your pin.
Robbins Library 781-316-3200
Please have your library card number handy. Because we are a busy library, there may be times when you will need to call back or leave a message with your card number and request.
Most library materials can be borrowed fine-free, with the exception of non-MLN interlibrary loan material and in-library use equipment.
|Non-Minuteman Library Network interlibrary loan material||$2.00||$20.00|
|In-library use equipment (laptops, keyboards, digital projector, mice)||$10.00||$10.00|
You will be assessed the replacement price listed in the item record for lost or seriously damaged material.
Lost Library Card
If you lose your card let us know as soon as possible because you are responsible for material borrowed on your card until you do. To replace, visit us in person. Bring ID and the replacement charge of $1.00.