Robbins Library Homebound Delivery Services
The Robbins Library is pleased to offer Homebound Delivery Service for Arlington residents in need. Through this program, library materials are delivered to Arlington residents who are permanently or temporarily homebound. Books, foreign language books (Chinese, French, Russian, and Spanish), magazines, DVDs, music CDs, and audio books are dropped off and picked up by our Homebound Delivery Volunteers.
Patrons requesting homebound delivery services must:
- Be an Arlington resident.
- Complete a Homebound Delivery Service Request form.
- Have a viable means of contact: phone and/or email.
- Have a valid Minuteman library card, (if they do not have one, the Homebound Delivery coordinator or volunteer will help with library card registration before the first delivery).
- Provide a safe and appropriate environment for volunteers to make their deliveries.
Requirements for Homebound Delivery Service Volunteers
- An automobile or access to other reliable transportation is necessary for this program.
- A Volunteer application must be submitted and an interview with the Homebound Delivery Coordinator will be done.
- Volunteer will then be given a copy of the patron’s Homebound Delivery Service Request Form.
- Volunteer will contact the patron (or contact person) to set up service. Deliveries are typically done every 2-3 weeks. Volunteer will gather items for the homebound patron based on their interests and requests.
- Volunteer will keep Homebound Service Coordinator informed of active patrons monthly.
To sign up, complete the form below and we will contact you to follow up.
If you have questions, want to sign up for the Homebound Delivery Service over the phone, or want to become a Homebound Delivery Service volunteer, please call the library at 781-316-3242 or email email@example.com.