Present your MLN library card to borrow items from the Library of Things collection at Robbins Library. This collection is generously funded by The Friends of Robbins Library and Sustainable Arlington.
Library of Things FAQ
What’s a Library of Things?
It is a new collection of Things, like gadgets, tools, and games for patrons to check out. Check out the list of over 60 Things. This collection supports lifelong learning, personal fulfillment and enjoyment.
Who can check out a Thing?
Anyone with a valid Minuteman Library Network card who is in good standing. Patrons who borrow a Thing agree to the Library of Things lending guidelines.
How long can I take a Thing home?
Things circulate for one week.
How many Things can I borrow at once?
We ask that you borrow no more than 2 Things at a time.
Can I reserve or renew a Thing?
Our Things are available on a first come, first serve basis. We are unable to hold items or put them aside for users. Things are not renewable.
Can I donate something to the collection?
Thank you for thinking of us! We are unable to accept donations of items for the Library of Things Collection.
Library of Things Lending Guidelines
- A valid Minuteman Library Network card with no outstanding fines above $10 and no lost or billed items is required to borrow a Thing. Borrowers must be 18 years or older.
- Things must be checked out and returned to the Robbins Library Circulation Desk. All parts of Things and the accompanying materials in the original container must be returned.
- Things circulate for one week and are not renewable. The overdue fine is .25 cents per day to a maximum of $7.00.
- Patrons will be assessed the replacement price for Things not returned within 2 weeks of its due date, or if Things are returned damaged or parts are lost. The responsibility to protect against loss is the borrower’s.
- Patron will be assessed a $10 cleaning fee for any Things that are returned and not completely clean.
- A copy of this agreement is included with each Thing.
- The borrower agrees to protect save and keep the Town of Arlington, the Library Board of Trustees, the Library Director, their agents and employees forever free and harmless, and indemnified against any and all costs or expense arising out of any accident or other occurrence causing injury to any persons or property as a result of using any item in the Library of Things.
- The Robbins Library and the Robbins Library Board of Trustees are not responsible for the loss of any data or damage to personal equipment while using a Thing.
- Staff will inspect Things upon their return to Robbins Library.
Questions? Want to suggest a thing? Let us know.