- This event has passed.
The Big Return
June 20 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Robbins Library is hosting an outdoors returns event on Saturday, June 20 for the community, with safety measures in place for staff and participants.
How to participate:
- You are welcome to arrive in your vehicle or on foot. We encourage walk-ins to reduce traffic congestion on Mass Ave. Please wear a mask at all times.
- If you walk: the line will form around the block on Mass Ave, and we ask that you socially distance as the line moves.
- If you drive: please park on Mass Ave. and walk in, or pull in front of the steps and hop out to return your items to the bins. Do not linger–traffic will need to keep moving.
- Return bins will be underneath tents on the sidewalk in front of Robbins. Library staff will be on hand to show you what to do.
- There will be 4 bins for returns:
- Media (CDs, DVDs, Playaways)
- Large items (American Girl dolls, Art Prints, etc.)
- Arlington Public School library books (no textbooks)
What if I can’t make it on June 20th? We are reopening the book drops immediately after this event for the return of books and media. If you have non-traditional library materials to return, like American Girl dolls or art prints, call the Robbins Library at 781-316-3200 to arrange a drop off time. Please do not leave items outside near the book drops, and please do not return Arlington Public Schools materials. Donations are not being accepted at this time.
Why not reopen the book drops at Fox? Safety is our priority. In order to maintain the State-mandated safety and hygiene protocols, the Fox Library facility and book drops will remain closed, with Fox staff reporting to Robbins on a temporary basis.
We hope to see you on June 20 for The Big Return!