To obtain a physical library card at the Robbins Library or Fox Branch Library, bring your Mass driver’s license or Mass State ID card (or see below for additional options). Bear in mind library accounts are confidential, so we cannot discuss details of your account with anyone except you.
Get a Minuteman library card online and use it to borrow e-books or physical materials. Online application
Children become eligible for a library card at age 5, and our children’s librarians celebrate the milestone with a library-themed gift sponsored by the Friends of the Robbins Library. A parent or guardian must provide proof of identification and address for children ages 5-13.
Teens between the ages of 13 and 17 who cannot meet the ID and proof of address requirements will need a parent or guardian to provide proof of identification and address.
Additional ID/proof of address options
If you don’t have a driver’s license or a state ID card, you can show one proof of identification PLUS one proof of current address:
Proof of ID (Current or expired. Must include name and photo.)
- Resident Card
- License or state ID from Massachusetts or a state other than Mass.
- Government issued cards, such as Military ID
- State issued photo ID including welfare, Medicaid or FID card
- University or school ID, or Senior/T.A.P. ID issued by the MBTA
Proof of current address
- Utility bill or tax bill
- Official school schedule
- Letter verifying residency and mailing address dated within last 30 days from a social service provider, temporary employer that provides housing, or a short-term residence
- Postcard mailed to applicant from the library
- Imprinted bank check or deposit slip
- Personal Letter postmarked within 60 days